CAN MANUFACTURING 101
Can Manufacturing 101 provides background on manufacturing processes used by Silgan.
SILGAN Technology Center
1190 Corporate Center Drive, Oconomowoc, WI 53066
ONE - TWO DAYS CLASSES*
*Instruction time can vary from 4 hours, classroom only, to 1 1⁄2 days with a combined classroom and plant tour format.
For class dates and/or to request training on location, email to
Who Should Attend
Any one new to the industry that is interested in how an everyday product is an engineering wonder. This class is especially practical for those that have departmental responsibilities within; quality, research & development, procurement, engineering and manufacturing.
ABOUT THIS CLASS
- Can Manufacturing 101 provides background on manufacturing processes used by Silgan.
- Includes discussion of why particular materials and technologies are used for various product applications.
Introduction: About Silgan Containers
- The Basics
- Metal Materials for Cans, Ends and Closures (Steel and Alum)
- Organic Coating Materials for Metal Cans, Ends and Closures
- Manufacturing Methods for Metal Cans – 3 Piece Welded
- Manufacturing Methods for Metal Cans – 2 Piece Draw Redraw
- Manufacturing Methods for Metal Cans – 2 Piece Drawn and Ironed
- Metal End Options
- Product/Package Interaction
- Issues Regarding Exterior Corrosion Prevention for Metal Packaging