Class is intended to be an introduction to the basics of canning.
1190 Corporate Center Drive, Oconomowoc, WI 53066
TWO DAYS CLASS *
*Instruction time can vary based on the intended scope of the requested training. The full program encompasses approximately two days of instruction.
For class dates and/or to request training on location, email to
Who Should Attend
This is designed specifically with customer in mind. Focusing on customer’s seaming and thermal process of the can. This is especially helpful to our customers who have lost institutional knowledge as the result of attrition. This will help operators accelerate their learning curve. This is important for management, supervisors, mechanics, seam checkers, quality control and quality analyst.
ABOUT THIS CLASS
- Class is intended to be an introduction to the basics of canning.
- Training material includes background on empty can/end handling, filling, seaming, thermal processing, water quality, labeling, casing and finished goods handling.
Handling and Storage of Empty Cans and Ends
- Unloading, stacking and storage cans/ends
- Pallet handling
- Pallet tags
- Conveyors and trackwork
Filling and Seaming
- Factors in the filling process
- Can Rinser
- Inkjet Code
Thermal Processing and Water Quality
- Food Classifications
- Confirming retort operation-heat distribution testing
- Establishing a thermal process
- Water Quality
- Product/container interactions
Labeling, Storage and Distribution of Filled Product
- Drying and cooling cans
- Filiform corrosion